I am thinking of getting into fluorescence photography as well and considering two types of lightning:
#1: DIY continous LED light using a 50W 460nm module - I have to find the right cheap "host" light yet.
#2: Blue filters, cutting off at <470nm for my INON S2000's - Here I am looking for the right filters that transmit >90% of the
blue (below 470nm) and <5% above 480nm. I browsed through the Lee brochure but haven't found any that fulfills my criteria.
Which one would be the more efficient for photography? In normal photography I'd never take a video light instead of strobes but here the LED version doesn't waste energy on unused colors while ~60% of the strobe's energy is not used. further advantage of the LED version is the video and focus assist capability.
Any suggestions on "host" light I could start with? (cheap, easy to build in a ~2*2" LED board, provides plenty of power - the best would be 36650 cells)