Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D80 housings

Started by cboater ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D80 housings

2 posts
  1. I have a line on a Sea&Sea housing (polycarbonate back) or a Patima housing for my Nikon D80. Does anyone have any feedback about which housing might be better? I currently have an Ikelite/Canon G9/Sea&Sea YS 110 strobe setup that I purchased used. I'd like to use the strobe with my DSLR set up once I have one.

     

    I don't have any lenses or ports yet. I own a Nikon 16-85 VR lens but I don't believe Sea&Sea has a port or port gears for it. So, I'll need to purchase a lens, port and ??? as well.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Laura

  2. I have a line on a Sea&Sea housing (polycarbonate back) or a Patima housing for my Nikon D80. Does anyone have any feedback about which housing might be better? I currently have an Ikelite/Canon G9/Sea&Sea YS 110 strobe setup that I purchased used. I'd like to use the strobe with my DSLR set up once I have one.

    Thanks,

     

    Laura

    My first DSLR rig was a D80 in a Sea&Sea housing, the missus has it now and it's still smashing out some great photos after being thrown around and more than I care to remember., no idea on the Patima, never seen one.

    The Sea&Sea strobes are obviously not going to be a problem with the Sea&Sea housing, I had the 110'5 on the D80 rig and they where fine.

     

    Cheers

    Chriso

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.