Yesterday I saw a notice in the local camera shop announcing that the Sigma 12-24 Digital lens would be available in the next week or so. The price listed was 65,000 Yen which is about half that of the Nikon.
Has anyone had a chance to test this lens?
Chris
Anyone want to bet it IS the Nikon internally? Offered in all mounts including Canon.
Someone check the pincushion.
Anyone want to bet it IS the Nikon internally? Offered in all mounts including Canon.
Someone check the pincushion.
This is suppose to be a full frame, NOT a 1.5x cropped image-circle, lens. So I doubt it is the same one. I'm looking forward to the reviews and test shots.
A quick search on dpreview turned up these sample shots
Seems to be full frame. Rumor was that Sigma was going to introduce DX-type lenses. This one is bigger and heavier yet slower than the Nikon. Full frame would splain it.
Unfortunately, min focus is only 11 inches and no front thread for a diopter. The Nikon is 12 inches and works OK with a bigger dome. Diameter is 3.4 inches (same as 15-30) so a zoom ring may be tough to fit.
Holy crap - a lens that fills the frame at 12mm! That must be some front element.
FWIW, 00254.jpg in the gallery is taken at the 12mm zoom setting on the SD10 which I think is a 1.6x crop sensor.