Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Changing info in Lightroom catalogs

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Changing info in Lightroom catalogs

5 posts
  1. OK,

    This is probably easy, but year end teacher fatigue plus a move makes my brain foggy. Is there a quick way to change my contact info on past catalogs in Lightroom?

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  2. Hey Marli,

     

    I think you can edit your metadata preset, by going to metadata, and then edit metadata presets. If you edit the ones you want changed, it should change in all your libraries I think.

     

    Adam

  3. I think that only applies to newly imported images, not existing?

  4. How many catalogs are we talking about Marli? I keep all the images in one catalog. For me to change something I would select "all photographs" under the Catalog in the library module, go to Edit "select all" (Control +A) and type in the new metadata and hit Enter. It will ask if you really want to change x thousand images. Click yes and you're golden.

     

    Hope that helps,

    Steve

  5. Hi Steve,

     

    I keep separate catalogs by destination; it justs works better for me. I will give your suggestion a try, thanks.

     

    Marli

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.