Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite 5D Mk II Housing and a Canon 16-35 L II

Started by marv800 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite 5D Mk II Housing and a Canon 16-35 L II

4 posts
  1. So i just ordered my Ikelite housing for my 5D mark II and am planning to use my 24 1.4 L, 14 2.8 L II and my 15 fisheye with the setup. However, one of my greatest reservations with the Ikelite housing is that it seems (according to Ikelite's" literature) there is no dome port yhat can accommodate my beloved 16-35 f2.8 L II glass. This is a real downer because the 16-35 is one of my favorite lenses. I could go with a 17-40 L, but underwater, its just not fast enough at f4 for me if I decide to shoot ambient. Also, i'm just not that impressed with the images it puts out.

     

    That being said, I was looking at this place: http://www.lensprotogo.com/shopping/pgm-mo...p;=SID#MOREINFO

    and on that page, the clearly state that "It will also accommodate a 17-40 f/4L, 16-35 f/2.8L II, 135L or 100 Macro."

     

    Is this an error, or is there just some dome port I can actually use on the housing with the 16-35 II which Ikelite does not mention?

  2. Uh so, I just called them to ask what dome port they were using to accommodate the 16-35 II and they told me they are using the 5510.24. WTH? Thats the one for the 16-35 I on Ikelites website, but the guy on the phone insisted thet there were no issues at all with the 5510.24 an the 16-35 II. I wonder if maybe the lens fits, but you just get bad vignetting at the wide end of the range.

  3. Did you ever learn if the Ikelite 5510.24 port works with the Canon 16-35 II (newer design) lens?

  4. If the Lens Diameter is to Big - the Lens can`t go inside the Original Domeport.

    Bigger Lenses like CANON Type L or NIKON 14-24 etc. need a Port System with bigger Hole (we use AQUATICA) at the IKELITE Housing.

     

    ik-aq_adapter_02.jpg

     

    Portadapter IKELITE - AQUATICA with Custom Made lenght

    http://www.unterwasserkamera.at/shop/catalog/Dome---Planport/Adapter-159/D-D-Portadapter-IKELITE---AQUATICA-for-NIKON-AF-S-Zoom-Nikkor-14-24mm-1-2-8G-ED.html?XTCsid=mvgjl6465olbo73dh97pecos46

    Edited by unterwasserkamera.at
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.