Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop CS raw converter

Started by Kasey ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop CS raw converter

8 posts
  1. i'm debating on upgrading to the new PS. I'm going on a month long dive trip and want to maximize the quality of the images I get - and therefore the raw converter I use. Right now I'm using PS 7 and ACR. I've been told that the conversion quality of ACR for my D100 files is a hair inferior to Nikon Capture - but the convenience of ACR made it worthwhile. Is the new PS CS converter better? I know it has some new features, but is the resulting image any better - I don't want to add a new level of complexity if it is unnecessary, especially a brand new program on which I depend. It is bound to fail somewhere out in the indo-pacific.

  2. According to folks on DPreview.com, the new photoshop CS RAW converter for Fuji is supposed to be EXCELLENT. I can't wait to try it.

     

    Sorry, don't know too much about it yet - it's supposed to have a nice "anti-vignette" filter for shots where you don't get good flash in the corners.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I ordered the upgrade, but amazon.com keeps pushing back the shipping date. I don't know if they actually have the product in stock or not.

  4. You can just download it from adobe.com. Most adobe software can be pourchased electronically. I haven't gotten it yet but am going to tonite.

  5. I was checking the prices on the upgrade bundles and everyone has them for roughly the same price as Adobe's site. Didn't check on PS CS itself.

  6. You can just download it from adobe.com.

    Thanks. I should have done that. Unfortunately, you can't cancel an order from amazon (in fact, just moments ago, I got an email from them noting that the shipping date was delayed again and reminding me that I can't cancel the order at this point). I'll wait a few more days and maybe order from Adobe online and then send back the amazon shipment. It's hard to get too upset with amazon since they usually do a great job.

     

    Thanks again for the advice!

     

    Jim

  7. you can get $30 off if you're a NAPP member. :rolleyes:

  8. OK - I signed up for NAPP, but the site said it would be 2 weeks before I get the membership kit, and until then I can't get access to the website, much less coupon info for the adobe download. Any suggestions?

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.