Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Question on Dome Shade & Lens Zoom

Started by divengolf ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Question on Dome Shade & Lens Zoom

3 posts
  1. I recently purchased a Tokina 10-17 FE lens and took it to the pool today. I found that at 10mm, the dome shade was visible on the edges. If I zoomed to about 12mm, the shade disappeared. I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong or I just have to accept things as they are.

     

    I'm using a Nikon D70 (I know it's ancient, but got it free!), Aquatica housing, 8" dome port and Aquatica dome shade. I am NOT using the recommended Aquatica extension ring (about 1/2") as that would move the dome out further and compound the problem. Or does it change the position of the virtual image?

     

    Seems that I either remove the shade or accept the limitation.

     

    Advice??

  2. With that camera and lens you should be using a 18480 dome shade. I suspect you have a wrong dome shade on. The shade you are using must have high sides on it. I would check aquatica site and see which shade you have. The low sided shade is built for fisheye lens.

  3. With that camera and lens you should be using a 18480 dome shade. I suspect you have a wrong dome shade on. The shade you are using must have high sides on it. I would check aquatica site and see which shade you have. The low sided shade is built for fisheye lens.

     

    saga7: That's it. I have the 18482 shade, the larger one. I'll look into getting the smaller shade.

     

    Thanks.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.