Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

WORLD CHAMPIOOOOOOONSSSS!!!!

Started by davichin ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

WORLD CHAMPIOOOOOOONSSSS!!!!

12 posts
  1. From www.marca.com:

     

    1278882881_extras_portada_2.jpg

  2. Congratulations David,

    I think I need a drink, too...

    --Rob

  3. Congrats Spain!!

    I'm happy for You. A really great game!

     

    Karel

  4. Well done Spain! That goes a long way to making up for all those years when they should have been challenging but for some reason could never get past the QF's! You have to feel for the Netherlands though - 3rd Final and still no trophy to show for it ;) Personally I thought the Final itself was dull with the Netherlands trying to kick Spain out of the stadium and all the way back to Europe while Spain tried to bore the Netherlands to sleep so that they could walk the ball into the net with no opposition! Overall I thought this World Cup was a real let down and definitely not one of the classics. Of course England's humiliating performances didn't help me form a positive opinion!! :(

     

    Once again congrats to Spain! :)

     

    Cheers, Simon

    Edited by SimonSpear
  5. I thought the referee had a lot to do with the lack of quality of the game. I have not seen a worse referee in such an important game in many, many years. He had no control, made lots of bad calls, I personally thought he wasnt very objective, and his way of trying to get control was showing some alpha-male sillyness regularly. He killed the game by taking out all momentum.

  6. Yes, we did not like the referee at all! you just cannot allow this kind of plays and let the guy go with only a yellow card :) (watch video)

     

    http://442.perfil.com/2010/07/11/vea-la-pa...as-escandalosa/

     

    But in the end we forget about this...and forget a lot more things due to excess drinking!!! ;):(:drink:

  7. I think its hard for the Netherlands to blame the ref too much as I heard them doing after the game as he probably could have sent off 3 or even 4 Dutch players! I don't think it would have gone to extra time 11 v 7 :) Oh well I guess we are all blind when our own country is involved! ;)

     

    Cheers, Simon

  8. Dude, exactly! How can a ref not give a red card for that karate kick. Webb had no control of the game, was inconsistent, missed important moments like that corner near the end. Such a contrast with the excellent referee in the semi final between spain and germany.

  9. I thought the referee had a lot to do with the lack of quality of the game. I have not seen a worse referee in such an important game in many, many years. He had no control, made lots of bad calls, I personally thought he wasnt very objective, and his way of trying to get control was showing some alpha-male sillyness regularly. He killed the game by taking out all momentum.

     

    See what Johan Cruyff says about this: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/sto...5901&ver=us

     

    Congratulations SPAIN!

    After supporting and routing for the DUTCH for 41 years, and having experienced 3 losses in the WC finals...well, perhaps in my lifetime I will see the Oranje prevail. I probably have a better chance of seeing whale sharks mate...and I have yet to even see a whale shark!!!

  10.  

     

    Interesting opinion piece. I wonder what the "libelous" explanation for Brazil's performance was. It seems to be implying that the only reason Brazil could have played that badly was to throw the game as part of a betting scam. If it were to be proven, would I get my £1 back from the DIVE magazine office sweepstake?

  11. A very drunk punter from my local put £8000 on Argentina to win ... Hilarious! well not for him.

     

    :);):(

     

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.