Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photo shop 5

Started by davephdv ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Photo shop 5

4 posts
  1. I have PS 3. I never bought PS 4. Can I buy the upgrade for PS 5 and install it without hassle?

     

    I should mention that I originally bought PS 3.5 while taking some college classes. I bought it under Adobe's educational discount. Would that be a complication?

     

    I use PS to fine tune my images after using Aperture 3 and the Nik software. No fancy stuff. Just image improvement. Would I be okay with PS elements 8?

     

    Thanks for any insight.

    --

    http://web.mac.com/daveburroughs/Site/Welcome.html

  2. I have PS 3. I never bought PS 4. Can I buy the upgrade for PS 5 and install it without hassle?

     

    I should mention that I originally bought PS 3.5 while taking some college classes. I bought it under Adobe's educational discount. Would that be a complication?

     

    I use PS to fine tune my images after using Aperture 3 and the Nik software. No fancy stuff. Just image improvement. Would I be okay with PS elements 8?

     

    Thanks for any insight.

    --

    http://web.mac.com/daveburroughs/Site/Welcome.html

     

    Hi Dave,

     

    I also do only basic PS stuff. I also have the old education PS CS3 and looked at upgrade to CS5. The discounted upgrade to CS5 was only with a current CS4. So I got much discounted retail PS E8, which does all what I need for image correction.

     

    I would suggest you look into Adobe's Lightroom v3. It has become a great program able to do much of the corrections/adjustments I did in PS in the past, plus so much more in image review and batch editing. (Upgrade from v1 to V3 is only $99).

     

    Simpler works better for me as I get older :)

     

    Bo

  3. I use Aperture, so no Lightroom.

     

    Is anything missing in PS Elements 8 that one would use in PS?

  4. I use Aperture, so no Lightroom.

     

    Is anything missing in PS Elements 8 that one would use in PS?

     

    LOL. Didn't know Aperture is like Lightroom.

     

    Lay out is simpler in the Ps E8 and more based on suggested auto-correction settings, which are customizable. Some of the CS3 features require some more clicks to get to in PsE8. I'm sure there are advanced features that are missing, but none for my general use. If you get into many custom corrections then CS5 would be best, but you will pay dearly for something you may never use. I belief Adobe has a comparison on the programs.

     

    My simple workflow starts with Lightroom, then Elements 8 if needed, and CS3 for the more advanced stuff once in awhile (like doing HD from AEB's).

     

    Works for me, but your needs may differ though. :)

    Edited by fotoscubo714
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.