Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Help - typical marine life

Started by Jules (Helioxfilm) ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Help - typical marine life

1 posts
  1. Dear Folks,

     

    I'm in the making of an iPad game. The game (somehow :) ) will focus on the underwater life. I would like to ask for help. I made three lists about marine life in various enviroment, such as tropical waters, temperate waters and arctic/antarctic waters. However, I'm sure that I miss some nice animals (or listed not the most representative animals) - due to my limited knowledge. I'm looking for ideas which animals would you like to see on the list (and in the game). There are two main criterias: 1. the animal should fit to one of the scene, 2: the animal should be easily recognizable, so the list should be in a way very diverse - to help the graphic artist and the player to distinctiate among animals. I have space for 15-18 animals per scene, and some extra night-only animals.

     

    Please help me, and give ideas - I count on your experience and on photographic eyes...

     

    Many thanks,

    Jules

     

     

    My preliminary lists contain the following animals:

     

     

    Tropical waters:

     

    blowfish

    green sea turtle

    anemona (Nemo) fish

    banded butterfly fish

    red coral spotted grouper

    Octopus

    Seahorse

    Manatee

    Whale shark

    Manta

    Barracuda

    Angel shark

    blue whale

    Snake

    Tiger shark

     

     

    Temperate waters:

     

    seabirds

    sardines (small groups)

    sailfish

    big grouper

    murena (eel)

    octopus

    dolphins

    king angelfish

    bluefin tuna

    white tip shark

    Galapagos bullhead shark

    ocean sunfish

    grey whale

    eagle ray

    Hammerhead shark

     

     

    Arctic/Antarctic waters

     

     

    starfish

    emperor penguin

    young icefish

    sea pig

    basket star

    beluga

    narwhal

    humpback whale

    antarctic cod

    colossal squid

    orcas

    bowhead whale

    walrus

    comb jelly (with lights)

    Threadfin pithead

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.