Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

"Worm thing" from Santa Rosa Island, CA

Started by jnsgonda ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

"Worm thing" from Santa Rosa Island, CA

3 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I saw this "worm thing" and didn't know what it was. Have never seen one of these in the Channel Islands, CA before. I could see about 8 inches of it, yet both terminal ends were hidden. I didn't want to disrupt its activities by dragging it out. It was about 1/2 the diameter of a No. 2 pencil.

     

    Any ideas?

     

    John

  2. It's a lined Ribbon Worm.

    Marli

  3. Well that explains it!

     

     

     

     

    Thanks,

     

    John

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.