Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Support Group Starting... need a Chairperson

Started by CDesperado ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

New Support Group Starting... need a Chairperson

7 posts
  1. Hello.. my name is Jake, and I'm a Digitolic.

     

    (Everybody say "Hi Jake!")

     

    Counselor: So Jake... tell us, when did you first realize you had a problem?

     

    Jake: Well ma'am, I spent a long time in denial actually.... it started so easily and innocently, you know?

     

    Counselor:Tell us Jake, how did it start?

     

    Jake: Well ma'am... it started when I was a kid. Back in those days, everyone used film, you know. I just took pictures and got my film developed. Back then, no one knew about the addiction or the craving...

     

    Counselor:Yes, yes... go on.

     

    Jake: And then... (sobbing begins)... it just... I don't know. It just happened. My tolerance for film got so low... only 36 hits from the roll. So you know, I had to move onto something stronger, something more powerful. My first taste of the sweetness of the forebidden digital fruit was a Kodak DC-40 and then a little Sony, but soon even those weren't enough.

     

    I needed more.

    More more... MORE I SAY! MORE!

     

     

     

    Counselor: Jake, calm down. You are scaring the kids.

     

    Jake: Shut up, this is my story.

     

    Counselor: Please, Jake... tell us when you knew you had a problem....

     

    Jake: (sobbing continues) It was after a trip to Indonesia.... I was looking through over 5000 images on my laptop and that was AFTER I had already deleted a lot of the obvious discards.... that was when I knew.

     

     

    Counselor: Knew what Jake, it's ok, you can tell us.

     

    Jake: I knew... (sniff).... that I was a Digitolic and the file folders, organized by location, date, and dive number... those were proof of my addiction. There was no denying it anymore. I was out of control. I shot 130 pictures of pygmy seahorses on one dive then went back later and shot 184 more pictures of them!!!!!!

     

    Counselor: Well Jake, thank you for sharing that moving story with all of us.

     

    Jake: Arent you going to counsel me and help me with my problem?

     

    Counselor: Actually, no, I was going to go buy a nice DSLR for myself.

     

    Jake: But I'm an addict. Arent you supposed to like, say something encouraging or give me advice or something?

     

    Counselor: Jake, this is a Weight Watchers meeting.

     

    Jake: Oh. Weight Watchers, huh? So who wants a chocolate donut?

     

     

     

     

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     

     

    Digitolicism... It can happen to anyone.

     

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    This message was brought to you by your friends at WetPixel because we care.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  2. :rolleyes:

     

    Brilliant!

     

    Bye bye

     

    Chris

  3. Wow, that was a great way to start my morning!!! ROFLMAO!

     

    Love the part about the 5000 images after the obvious discards...

     

    Tom

  4. That was great, really started the morning off right.

  5. Thank goodness for 12-Step programs!

     

    :rolleyes:

  6. Digitalicism ! I could relate to that. I once spent 90 minutes at Mabul snapping at a bunch of mating Mandarian Fish and use up my 1 gb CF card only to find myself in the same spot the next evening taking even more pictures ! :rolleyes:

  7. Great.

     

    I like it!

    We all are Jake, we all are and it is OK.

     

    Vlad the counselor

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.