Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

QT and Keynote

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

QT and Keynote

3 posts
  1. Trying to help a friend here: His question is below.

    Steve

     

    When I try to import Quicktime movies into Keynote, the aspect ratio changes from 16x9 to 4x3. When I change the ratio, I'm getting lots of artifacts.

     

    Any suggestions for a smooth export/import from Quicktime to Keynote?

  2. I tried with Keynote '09 version 5.0.3 (791) on 10.6.4 by dragging QT movies from a finder window to a Keynote slide. That copies/embeds the dragged QT movie into the Keynote presentation.

    result: aspect ratio doesn't change (16:10 movies stay 16:10)

     

    Using the "Media" palette (near upper right corner of Keynote's main window, 3rd icon from right), appears to work correctly also.

    result: aspect ratio doesn't change (16:10 movies stay 16:10)

     

    Using menu: Insert/Choose..., same results.

     

    Hmmm...

    The movies you're importing don't happen to be a video format with non-square pixels?

     

    Take Care,

    Chris

  3. Apparently it was his QT frame size that caused the issue. Thanks

    Steve

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.