Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Can't do time lapse in QT 10 now

Started by jonny shaw ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Can't do time lapse in QT 10 now

13 posts
  1. Is it me or can quicktime pro 10 not do time lapse now. It used to be soooo easy in previous versions, I really don't want to have to do it through final cut when qt used to be able to do it in about a minute.

  2. just worked it out, did it in compressor. Was pretty simple.

  3. Use QT 7 instead.

    Steve

  4. Use QT 7 instead.

    Steve

     

     

    How do I get QT 7 back..... I actually prefer it, but lost when I upgraded to FCS3

  5. Tried that and it won't install as QT x or whatever the new one is.... will it work if I dump new one in the trash and then install 7? How do I activate QT Pro with version 7 stick in the FCS serial number? Will it potentially mess any other programs up?

     

    Jes.... I sound like a complete gumby on this!!!!

  6. Its kind of wonky with Studio 3. Click on the clip that has been opening in QT 10 but don't open the clip. Right click and go to OPEN WITH, then direct it to your Utilities folder found within your Applications folder. There you will find QT 7 which you can then make as your default opener for all things Quicktime. You don't sound gumby at all. The more I learn here and elsewhere the more I realize how much more there is to learn.

    Steve

    Edited by steve
  7. Its kind of wonky with Studio 3. Click on the clip that has been opening in QT 10 but don't open the clip. Right click and go to OPEN WITH, then direct it to your Utilities folder found within your Applications folder. There you will find QT 7 which you can then make as your default opener for all things Quicktime. You don't sound gumby at all. The more I learn here and elsewhere the more I realize how much more there is to learn.

    Steve

     

     

    Okay so, QT7 won't install due to QT10 being installed, so I dropped QT10 into the trash and then tried to install QT7 but still it won't let me install it as it still reckons QT10 is in there... probably within FCS3.

     

    Any ideas.... what is the drawback of doing it in compressor?

  8. I have both QT10 and QT7 installed, along with FCS3. I'm not sure why it won't install for you! (I installed QT7 afterwards).

  9. I think it was a mistake for Apple to diminish QT this way. I had the same problem and learned that you must load a Snow Leopard compatible version of QT 7 that you will find on your original Snow Leopard Install disc. Insert that disc and look for the "Optional Installs" folder and double-click "Optional Installs.mpkg". There you should see QT 7. Follow the steps to install it and you will then find it in your "Utilities" folder. I hope that works for you.

  10. Jonny,

    You already have QT 7 installed. Even though SL installs QT 10 just go to your applications/utilities folder and you will see QT7 right there. Then just make it your default opener.

    Steve

  11. Thanks Eric, that worked a treat!

     

    Cheers

     

    J

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.