Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

card readers

Started by sharky1961 ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

card readers

15 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I am looking for a new CF cardreader and want your opinion about what you are using and if you are satisfied with the writing speed.

     

     

    Rob

  2. Hi,

     

    I am looking for a new CF cardreader and want your opinion about what you are using and if you are satisfied with the writing speed.

     

     

    Rob

     

     

    I have the COLORSPACE UDMA and the Older COLORSPACE O They just came out with the newest one in February, have not gotten that one yet.

     

    Colorspace site

     

    I really liked the 0 and got the UDMA (threw a 500 Gig drive into the UDMA) VERY fast reader. 8 Gigs backed up quickly and alot of features like verification. Doesn't playback video from my 5D Mark II, but copies the files perfectly. Never had an issue with either unit.

  3. I am currently using the Sandisk Extreme Firewire but it appears to be discontinued. Shooting with a D3x yields huge file sizes; USB readers are just too slow dealing with the D3x output. Lexar has a firewire reader that I may buy just to have a second.

     

    Wendy

  4. I too use the Sandisk Extreme Firewire Reader because they are fast, in fact I carry two when I travel since one failed in Sulawesi.

    They should be available since they are listed on the Sandisk site.

     

    Elmer

  5. I also use the SanDisk Extreme Firewire Reader (with UDMA support). Love the speed! For SD, I use an Expresscard34 multi-card reader, but it has problems reading some SD cards (the ones with high plastic ridges between the contacts).

  6. Ditto the above. The Sandisk reader is blisteringly fast!

     

    My only niggle is that the Firewire 800 port on it is a bit loose, and sometimes it loses connection. This may be unique to mine though!

     

    Adam

    Edited by adamdiveruk
  7. Also using a SanDisk Extreme Firewire Reader. I see a consensus appearing :P

  8. Hi all,

     

     

    I have ordered the sandisk cardreader.

    Thank you all

     

    Rob

  9. Do anybody know a good source to get extra firewire 800 cords? I need some short ones for travel.

     

    Elmer

  10. In the past, I have purchased short firewire 800 cables here:

    http://www.wiebetech.com/products/cables.php

     

    Thanks Eric. Looking for firewire 800 thats shorter than 1 meter. One that is 18" would be perfect, but 1 meter is better than 6 feet.

     

    Elmer

    Edited by eyu
  11. They have a 9-inch 6-pin Firewire 400 cable. They used to have 9-inch Firewire 800 cables (I have one), but it looks like they no longer do...

  12. I highly recommend monoprice.com for cable purchases. Good quality, cheap, and almost any length you want.

     

    Link to firewire category:

     

    http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepar...amp;cp_id=10301

     

    Thank you for the info, but can only find 6 ft firewire 800 on their site. Will e-mail them

    Elmer

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.