Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Lens - Imported vs. USA

Started by DiverPam ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens - Imported vs. USA

4 posts
  1. What the difference in an imported lens versus a lens from the USA. I noticed when buying my last lens - I had two options and that the imported version is usually cheaper.

     

    If there a difference in the glass, the quality, the weight, use with diopters, etc...? Is there a noticable difference when shooting with one over the other?

     

    Thanks for the help with this - DiverPam

  2. When I purchased my Nikkor 105VR macro lens from B&H, they were out of stock on the USA version so I went with the import. I'll almost always opt for the USA items- the price difference isn't usually all that great- but in this case didn't have a choice. Didn't really have any worries either; B&H is very good with regard to exchanges if damaged, etc. I guess it comes down to whether or not you want the warranty and USA products may be easier to re-sell on the used market- dunno for sure on that.

     

    Wendy

  3. Thanks for the information. I read the artilce at BHphotovideo. I had not seen that on their site. And now I know that grey market and imported are used interchangeably.

     

    DiverPam

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.