Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Olympus X560WP Digital Camera

Started by alicefred ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus X560WP Digital Camera

4 posts
  1. I am new to this forum so if this isn't the right section let me know please. Does anyone have any experience with Olympus X560WP digital camera? I am planning for a trip to Hawaii and looking at buying a waterproof digital camera. I found it at MacMall for $159.99 through http://www.dealrocker.com discount deal. I don't know much about cameras, so I thought it would be good to know experts' opinions. I want to make sure about the image quality before buying it. Just wondering how does it perform underwater?

     

    I appreciate any assistance you experts can provide.

  2. Hi Alice,

     

    Although I'm not familiar with this camera, I did google it and found out some information on it by looking at user reviews.

     

    It is marketed as being good to 10 feet underwater, which is not very deep. If you are going to use it for snorkeling, it will probably be OK, but I would be very hesitant to use it for diving. One review I looked at said there were water drops in the LCD at 13 feet underwater.

     

    Another user said he noticed a strong yellow tint on the images. I'm not sure if this means the auto white balance doesn't work, but you'll have to set it for the proper white balance for the colors to come out right.

     

    I wish I could provide more information about the image quality and how it performs underwater, but don't have any direct experience using the camera. Perhaps others can jump in.

     

    Hope that helps,

     

    Ellen

  3. After breaking 2 I have moved on to the Panasonic TS1 (TS2 is now available and rated to 30') which has been a great little camera with some great features and awesome video quality.

  4. After breaking 2 I have moved on to the Panasonic TS1 (TS2 is now available and rated to 30') which has been a great little camera with some great features and awesome video quality.

     

    TS1 & TS2 (FT1 & FT2) are the best (naked) compact UW cameras on the market at the moment. Some of my UW images/movies taken with this great little cameras:

     

    P1000551-vi.jpg

     

     

    P1040613-vi.jpg

     

     

    P1040636-vi.jpg

     

    P1040672-vi.jpg

     

    P1020761-vi.jpg

     

    P1030056-vi.jpg

     

    P1030114-vi.jpg

     

     

     

    P1020003-vi.jpg

     

     

     

    ________________________________________________________

    My (mostly underwater) photos and videos taken during

    freediving with compact UW cameras (Pentax & Panasonic):

    photos @ http://public.fotki.com/Primoz/

    video footage @ http://www.youtube.com/user/PrimozP#g/p

    Edited by primus.3a

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.