Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

For those about to get slammed.....

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

For those about to get slammed.....

8 posts
  1. Drawing me inexplicably closer to a complete bruising, I found myself today staring at the surf housing that will introduce me to a World of Hurt!! Made here in Bali I collected this today from the folks over at Liquid Eye. Will see what the weekend, or maybe even tomorrow, brings. Plenty of towels going in the fridge tonight, and stocking up on beer in case I need to drown in other ways tomorrow night.

     

    Basically have to set the camera up completely manual. Lock it in and off we go. I can only action the trigger when in the wet stuff so hoping to get somewhere in the ballpark to start with and then hone down from there. Planning to go in AV mode and try to keep the ISO around somewhere that will allow a 1/800th shutter. Prefer to have the DoF locked down and deal with over or under exposed imagery, along with the exposed images, if the weather turns cloudy. Focus will also be set at around 10ft using the Canon 10-22mm @ 10mm on a Canon 400D.

     

    I nominee padre.......

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  2. interesting looking piece of kit. how does the dome get secured onto the end there? or is that a flat port? Looks open from the photo? Also, how do you hit the trigger? i don't see a lever for the trigger on the inside?

  3. Flat port, I guess the angle makes it look open. The trigger is that little latch on the pistol grip. It activates a shutter release cable that you can see inside the casing.

  4. Mark, what lens do you intend to use with that? I shot a similar type of housing, SPL, for the 7D with a 10-17 for a Fox surf shoot a month ago. Definitely easier to use than a dive housing in the surf, however I sure missed the ability to have full control over the camera.

  5. Hi Mike,

    This port is for the Canon 10-22mm. I also have the 15mm Fisheye Port and a custom one for the Canon 70-200mm.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  6. nice rig! happy shooting

  7. Why can't I see the photos?

    Because I am new to the forum??

    Edited by tunafish
  8. Nope I can't see them either-maybe the OP has taken them down...

     

    Adam

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.