Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic LX5

Started by davephdv ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic LX5

4 posts
  1. Wow, been wondering about the next version as I have been shooting the Lecia version of the LX3. Looks as though there have been a few changes to body but with the exception of the physical height I wonder how hard a retro fitting will be modulo a new rear panel.

     

    Here is Panasonic's listing:

     

    http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compact/lx5/index.html

    Edited by allen
  2. They mention two things. The joystick has been changed to controls like the GF1. The hand grip has been enlarged.

     

    So I have my doubts about backwards compatibility.

     

    Sounds like camera that might be easier to make a housing for, and better for shooting UW.

    Edited by davephdv
  3. I assume Panasonic does not make OEM housings and the cheapest housing for this will be +600 dollars?

    Compared to Canon S95 which will have OEM housing for less than 200 dollars.

     

    I have G9 and I like taking macro pics is LX5 worse in that sense?

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.