Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Seatool ND30 focus/zoom gear

Started by Aqua_soul ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Seatool ND30 focus/zoom gear

3 posts
  1. Hi, would like to know if anybody alse have experinced the following and what the fix for it is.

     

    If I turn the outside knob, the gears spin correctly. Also if I try to keep the gears from spinning, it takes some force to do so. However if I load my camera and the try to zoom the lens the outside knob turns, but the inside gears don't move. The metal bar inside the first gear turns but its just sliding inside the gear and so the gears don't move.

     

    Hoe there is a easy solution.

     

    Thanks

  2. Possibly a loose set screw in the gear? Does the shaft have flats where the set screws should bear? Maybe a misalignment there.

    Edited by jcclink
  3. I haven been able to see a set screw, think its part of the problem and not the best design solution for this kind of application.

    I will try contact the manufacturer for a solution.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.