Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Anthis Nexus port mount

Started by mats ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Anthis Nexus port mount

9 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    have just bought a used Nexus house for my Nikon D80.

     

    What is the difference between M4, M5, M6 port mounting? can I use an M6 port on a house that is M5 port mount?

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Mats

  2. Hi Mats,

    welcome to the wonderful and confusing world of Nexus!

     

    Here's their Port Mount chart that shows which mounts came on what housings. They do have various adaptors so you can use

    say an M5 Port on a M6 housing, like I am doing myself. I'm not sure if there is a M6 port to M5 adaptor though. Unfortunately it

    is hard to get clarity on some of the detail on-line as the Nexus site is in Japanese and Goggle does a very sketchy job at translating.

     

    Have a look around as you can often pick up M5 ports 2nd hand, in fact I'm sure Ryan at Reef could help you with some.

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  3. Hi,

     

    have just bought a used Nexus house for my Nikon D80.

     

    What is the difference between M4, M5, M6 port mounting? can I use an M6 port on a house that is M5 port mount?

     

     

     

     

    The ID of the M5 is 100mm, M6 is 108mm & M4 is 116mm.

    Best to stick with the right size port. Some ports will not work with the adapters.

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Mats

  4. Thank you for all your answers!

     

    What is the port I should use with the Nikkor 14mm 2.8 ED? Is it the same as I use my Nikkor 10.5 mm? Have not double checked but I think it is M5 on my D80 housing.

     

     

     

     

     

    Mats

  5. Hi Mats,

    your D80 housing could be either M5 or M6 but simple to check. Did you see the M5 60mm port in the WP classifieds ? Perfect macro port for green waters.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

    Edited by JimSwims
  6. Hi Mats,

    your D80 housing could be either M5 or M6 but simple to check. Did you see the M5 60mm port in the WP classifieds ? Perfect macro port for green waters.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

     

     

     

     

     

    Thanks for the tip!

     

    But I will mainly take wide angel pictures of WW2 wrecks.  :)

     

     

     

     

     

    My Dive Buddys homapage

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Mats

  7. Thank you for all your answers!

     

    What is the port I should use with the Nikkor 14mm 2.8 ED? Is it the same as I use my Nikkor 10.5 mm? Have not double checked but I think it is M5 on my D80 housing.

     

    Mats

    Hej Mats,

    The FP170 and the FP230 ports are recomended for the Nikkor 14 mm (114 deg. AoV). The FP120 port for the 10.5 fisheye is too small. I use the FP170-5 (M5) for the Nikkor 12-14 with 40 mm PE and +4 diopter. The "-5" indicates an M5 size port.

    Bob

    Edited by Deep6
  8. Hej Mats,

    The FP170 and the FP230 ports are recomended for the Nikkor 14 mm (114 deg. AoV). The FP120 port for the 10.5 fisheye is too small. I use the FP170-5 (M5) for the Nikkor 12-14 with 40 mm PE and +4 diopter. The "-5" indicates an M5 size port.

    Bob

     

     

     

     

    I have a FP160-5 dome as it's clearly an M5 port mount.

     

     

    What lenses are the FP160-5 dome intended for?

  9. Hi Mats,

    the Nexus FP160-5 dome should suit the Nikkor 14mm 2.8 ED with the addition of a 20mm extension ring (PE20-5).

     

    The next question would be is a diopter required with this combo for sharper corners? Time to jump in a pool for some tests maybe.

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.