I recently bought a Nauticam 550D housing and Zen 100mm dome port. The Zen 100mm dome port came with a plastic cover that doesn't seem very satisfactory (mostly it won't stay on). Is there a better option available for a cover for the Zen 100mm dome port?
Thanks.
REEF PHOTO & VIDEO sold me a Neoprene cover w/the ZEN Logo....works well, so give that a try.
REEF PHOTO & VIDEO sold me a Neoprene cover w/the ZEN Logo....works well, so give that a try.
I've been trying to contact Reef Photo for a couple days. No one wants to answer the phone.
REEF PHOTO & VIDEO sold me a Neoprene cover w/the ZEN Logo....works well, so give that a try.
Hmmm ... I have the same problem as the OP and was told there really wasn't a better option. Sounds like that might not be completely accurate?
Unfortunately, we don't have a better suggestion than the rubber port cap. Larger covers are available for the 200 and 230mm domes, but not DP-100. This rubber cap has worked well for me for protection in transit, but I don't take it in the water.
Re: phones, it isn't a matter of not wanting to answer, but some times we just can't when busy in the front of the store and other phone calls.
Sorry for the poor advice folks!
I have the 200mm Zen dome.
I don't know why Zen can't make a neoprene cover for the 100mm???
Because it won't stay on, nowhere to grip. Unless you use some velcro or elastic. I find that an Anthis woody (100mm) helps when transporting it.
Unfortunately, we don't have a better suggestion than the rubber port cap. Larger covers are available for the 200 and 230mm domes, but not DP-100. This rubber cap has worked well for me for protection in transit, but I don't take it in the water.
Oh, well. Hopefully they'll come up with a better option. My rubber cap does not stay on at all.
The 100mm dome just doesn't have a whole lot for a cover to grab on to. I've taken a 200mm size neoprene cover and stretched it across, hooking the strap parts on the focus dial on the left and the shutter release or front command dial on the right. It's pretty ugly, but it does stay on.
Cheers,
Cp
I recently bought a Nauticam 550D housing and Zen 100mm dome port. The Zen 100mm dome port came with a plastic cover that doesn't seem very satisfactory (mostly it won't stay on). Is there a better option available for a cover for the Zen 100mm dome port?
Hello
You can make one by yourself easily
During the dive :
I've made it from a rectangle of neoprene 20cm x 15.5cm
Neat solution. Thanks for sharing. Alex
Good work Francoise! How are you finding your minidome?
Good work Francoise! How are you finding your minidome?