Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica Hand Strap

Started by Stewart L. Sy ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica Hand Strap

2 posts
  1. Thought I'd share this little mod I did to my A7D. While I have nothing but praise for the handling and ergonomics of my new Aquatica, I've always missed the hand strap that was on my previous Subals. The strap was awesome in helping one-handed shooting if you had to steady yourself with your other hand, plus it allowed the shooter to relax the right hand and not have a death grip when shooting one handed.

     

    Aquatica_Strap.jpg

     

    The strap is a plain velcro hose strap used to secure garden hoses, can be found in your local hardware superstore. A hole is melted with a soldering iron for the mounting screw of the ULCS ball. The rest of the strap is threaded down the handle and out the bottom. Not as earth shattering :) a mod as my 10D to 5D conversion, but I believe it to be very functional.

     

    Strap_Closeup.jpg

     

    Total cost, $5, and a couple of pricked fingers.

     

    Cheers!

     

    Stu

  2. Hi Scubastu!

     

    Thanks for sharing! nice job.

    I too wantede a strap for a loong time...this is just a perfect idear!!

     

    Happy hunting

     

    ;)

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.