Regarding domes and 3D:
I'd be interested in seeing dual-dome 3D on a big screen. Everything looks "3D" when viewed at YouTube sizes, and it's even easier when viewed cross-view because the images don't have to be properly horizontally aligned.
But ... cameras focus on a curved virtual image when you shoot out of a dome port. So you're reproducing 3D... but the 3D of the virtual images, not the actual 3D. It may be different with fisheye lenses because they probably focus on a curved surface (am I wrong on this?).
Howard Hall had a huge dome made for his 3D IMAX system. They shot some test footage and projected it in a theater. What they got was 3D... but the 3D of a curved, bizarre surface that was not very far away from the viewer (consistent with focus on a virtual surface).
If you're going this for small viewing size, it isn't going to matter. 3D is weird at small sizes, anyway -- you can diverge the image a huge % of the screen and be fine. But large® screen 3D requires a lot more effort.
What does "actual" 3D mean, anyway? I dunno, and it probably depends on your target audience. But there would definitely be a huge difference -- and not for the better -- which is why I'm shooting through a flat port.