Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Satellite Phones... Again

Started by matt215 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Satellite Phones... Again

4 posts
  1. Ok I think I asked about this one before, but I just wanted to get the latest opinions. I'm looking to buy an Iridium sat phone for dive travel. Is there much difference between these different models? How about a used one? What have you guys learned from your experience using these?

  2. I own an Iridium 9505A. I am satisfied with it. It works everywhere. That is the bonus. Battery lasts a long long time. Bandwidth is thin ... voices sound odd. But fine once you get used to it. Usage is reasonably priced.

  3. Ive rented both the 9505 and the newer 9555, and I will say the new one is MUCH smaller and lighter. From looking online, its only a $100-$200 difference in price. If you are going to buy, Id definitely say get the 9555.

  4. did you notice a difference in quality of calls between the two?

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.