Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 8-16 or Canon 10-22?

Started by Timmoranuk ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 8-16 or Canon 10-22?

3 posts
  1. I'm looking for a wide rectilinear zoom to fill the gap between my Tokina 10-17 and Sigma 17-70. The candidates may the new Sigma 8-16 or the Canon 10-22. I like the idea of the widest available rectilinear provided by the Sigma but also the 'overlap' that the 10-22 affords with the 17-70. Owning both is an extravagence but may also be inevitable in the medium term...

     

    In the short term could I achieve greater flexibility with the 8-16 by putting a Kenko 1.4 teleconverter behind it?

     

    Are the 8-16 and 10-22 glass viable with either 100mm and 200 domes (with or without a TC)?

     

    Please play devil's advocate with the idea. Grateful as always for your kind input. Tim

  2. You can borrow my 10-22 and see what you think if you like.

     

    A

  3. Thanks Alex. I'll take you up on that if we get together to shoot the freedivers or head out to Skomer (YHM...). I'm leaning heavily towards the Sigma though (a lens can't be wide enough, eh?) so maybe I'll treat myself and we can do a comparision shoot? Chris tells me that Edward is shipping zoom gear for the 8-16. Could you get me a set please? I'll be 'communicado' during my upcoming trip so let me know your thoughts on those expeditions.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.