Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Progress.

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Progress.

6 posts
  1. The local swell seems to be very low at the moment, still it looks pretty darned big when you're flat on yer belly looking up at it. The calm time allows me to get more training in with the Canon 10-22mm EFS plugged into my old steed the 400D.

     

    From today:

  2. I really like the second one - it captures the day, the surfer and most of all the fun that the kid is having - Pam

  3. Fantastic. Do you pre-focus?

  4. haha, that kid is young! good for him.

  5. Thanks for the comments. Hey Panda, I am at 10mm with the Canon 10-22mm and set the focus to manual at 10ft. I then scotch tape the focus and aperture ring down to stop anything from moving when the pounding begins. I set the camera to Aperture priority and then select an ISO that will allow a shutter speed of between 1/800th to 1/1250th so generally ISO200 on a sunny day. Then to top it all off, I doff a helmet, boogie board fins and make a general nuisance of myself in the drop zone of the waves.

     

    Yay Mike, plenty of these young locals are in the water. Will see if I can concentrate on them one day and get some better shots.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

     

    PS: My pride shot from today:

    Edited by CamDiver
  6. PS: My pride shot from today:

     

    Now, how cool is that! :) Old Skool BABY!!! There must be a great story with that picture. Write it and get it published in some travel/sport magazine. I see it as a possible cover for you. Great shot!

     

    Bo

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.