Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Rayovac 15 minute AA charger

Started by Marc Furth ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Rayovac 15 minute AA charger

4 posts
  1. That is quite fast but I think the batteries will get a bit toasty, and this may shorten the live of the cells, such a gizmo would be nice to have as a solution to short notice situations ( oops forgot to charge the batteries!)

     

    Chris

  2. Hi Cris,

    If you read into the claims made by Rayovac the batteries can be recharge up to 1000 times.

     

    These batteries are not your run of the mill NIMH type. Their a special NIMH made with a chip inside that monitors the charging process. They also have a built in cooling fan in the charger it self. They are how ever limited to 2000 mah in capacity.

     

    I’ve been using the same Radio Shack charger for five years. It charges my batteries in about one hours time or less. When their finished charging their ready for a bun and some mustard.

     

    In the five years( knock on wood) I used this charger I’ve only had one battery that’s gone bad. That’s not saying that I’m still using the same batteries from five years ago. I change batteries about once a year. I’m now using Powerx 2200 mah batteries and threw out the charger it came with. It took a painful 4 hours or longer to charge. I don’t care how cool the batteries are, just so I don’t miss the boat.

     

    Marc

  3. Marc

     

    I most likely have the same Radio Shack charger (actually two om em). They are fast and the batteries do get quite warm. I have had to toss em in the freezer after charging when I am in a hurry :rolleyes:

     

    I have batteries last almost 4 years (as long as you recgarge them often). I now live in Japan, therfore I do not use the cameras daily and it may be a couple of months between visits to my home on Guam, and I have had many Radio Shack and sealife batteries die on me but the Japanese brands seem to be holding up fine. Letting the sealife batteries drain completely tends to kill em quite early.

     

    Here in Japan, the Nimh Batteries are quite cheap (4, 2100 mah for about $10). Now I have a bunch, I always try to buy different brands so I can keep them in matched sets by sight.

     

    Chris

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.