Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

FIX S90 tray?

Started by TheRedDarren ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

FIX S90 tray?

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    one for the fisheye s90 housing users out there...

     

    I'm just about to buy one and want to know what arm/tray options work well with it?

     

    Thanks,

    D.

  2. Hi, one for the fisheye s90 housing users out there...

     

    I'm just about to buy one and want to know what arm/tray options work well with it?

     

    Thanks, D.

     

    I started with a similar tray (Intova/Sealife?) which worked OK but only had ONE position in the tray for the dual bolt holes of the Fisheye FIX housing. Works but I want the security of two bolts (call me an old Ike type!)

     

    So I ordered the new ULCS TR-DM tray which has slots enough for two bolts.

     

    The handle was another thing. Turns out there are two ULCS handles possible with DIFFERENT bolt holes sizes. I got the l the larger 3/8ths which does NOT fit into the end hole but rather the slot reducing the length available. Still working that point out

  3. I bought a simple (ie inexpensive) tray/handle combo from optical ocean - works great. There are 2 slots in the tray - and you can locate the housing so that both mounting holes can be used. The included mounting bolt is undercut on the threads so it can slide anywhere in one of the grooves - and then just use a 1/4" stainless steel bolt for the second slot (unless you have access to a lathe and can undercut the bolt - you have to thread it through the hole at the end of the slot, as the slots are a little narrower than the full diameter of the bolt except at the end. This ends up working fine, it puts the housing pretty much aligned with the right end of the tray, so you can hold the end of the camera in your hand to run the shutter lever without the tray being in the way.

     

    http://www.opticaloceansales.com/trays-arm...e/prod_636.html

     

    I also bought a couple nylon spacers at Lowes - holding the housing a little above the tray (I used 1/4 inch thick spacers). This allows the door to open easily without rubbing on the tray when you want to change batteries/memory cards.

     

    PM me if you want a picture. There is also an extension bracket available for that tray if you want to shoot 2 strobes.

  4. Hi,

     

    one for the fisheye s90 housing users out there...

     

    I'm just about to buy one and want to know what arm/tray options work well with it?

     

    Thanks,

    D.

     

    I built my own tray, used commercial UCLS system handles though I have since made my own handles also:

     

    P6050325.jpg

     

    P2200262.jpg

     

    P2200263.jpg

    Edited by crawdad
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.