Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

dome port slow leak

Started by bversteegh ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

dome port slow leak

4 posts
  1. My sea & sea fisheye dome port has a pinhole leak in the potting mounting the acrylic dome to the port body. Anybody have any suggestions on the proper adhesive to use for the repair?

  2. I had the exact same problem. Tried some different adhesives like Aquasure and two component adhesive but without any luck.

    I was told it was due to inside pressure due to dome attached to housing during travel, allthough i have always removed my dome from the housing when traveling...

    I ended up in buying a new dome port :unsure:

    Edited by toby77
  3. I remember talking to Kevin at Aquaphot (UK) about these adhesives. I'm pretty sure that it can be repaired but I'd find a professional who understands just what is involved to do the repair. The adhesive was an odd one - I'm think he said that ports are economic to repair though even if they need re-seating altogether.

  4. I had the exact same problem too.

    My dome port leak only with little presure.

    I 've repaired it with a marine silicone, i've no remove the dome from the port. just remove the Adorn sun and put a marine silicone.

    I've do it 2 years ago, but no pb!

    Edited by alibab
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.