Some here may remember how their macro shots "popped" with this awesome slide film back in the old 60's, 70's, and well into the 80's (`especially when printed on Cibachrome..remember those nice sharp saturated prints?) . Farewell, I will miss you.
Some here may remember how their macro shots "popped" with this awesome slide film back in the old 60's, 70's, and well into the 80's (`especially when printed on Cibachrome..remember those nice sharp saturated prints?) . Farewell, I will miss you.
Good story. I think I still have a couple of rolls of Kodachrome that are unshot or not developed still. Only one place left to get it processed. Wow, did not realize those were all gone also.....
Oh how I loved Kodachrome 64...........
Oh how I loved Kodachrome 64...........
How I loved Kodachrome 25 in 6x6 medium format . No grain, sharpness even when blown up and projected into mural size. Heavy 400v battery-powered strobes in full power. Only 12 or 24 shots per dive....... Discipline baby!
I'm so greatfull for digital
Better get that left-over film developed before December, Drew.
Bo
Interesting isn't it, Kodachrome finally disappears - but when did you last shoot Kodachrome? If memory serves me right I think that my last roll was shot back in 1992, so sad though it is to see it go, I cannot honestly say that I'll miss it.
Better get that left-over film developed before December, Drew.
Have to find them, they are somewhere around, along with some others. Actually just took a quick look in the cold storage I have for my film, and I have a couple of rolls still there, along with other assorted slide and film types. Who knows what the expiration dates are on them, probably have not shot any slide or film from the time I got my first digicam. I really love my digital cameras and often wish they were around bac when, the EXIF data alone for so many trips and other things I shot would have been great. But slide/film still brings back a ton of memories from when I used to do alot of freelance shooting....
Amazing how things like Kodachrome going away can make you think about things. After reading the article and seeing the rolls I have left, it really brings it home about what he faced in choosing those shots.
Dwayne's has just closed the door on Kodachrome! As of a few minutes ago according to plans.
I took this shot of sockeye salmon spawners as a Ph.D. student back in 1987. Kodachrome 64, Nikon F2 with action finder, 28/2 Nikkor lens, Hydro35 housing. Digitized on a Kodak Photo CD. The location where I took this is very near to where a road is planned to transport ore from the planned Pebble Mine.
It was my first successful underwater salmon shot. I used it in seminars. It has been published. I have raised the bar such that if it had been taken today this photo would most likely end up being rejected.