Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

I have a hugyfot HFC300D...need a strobe able to speak with it

Started by dodelineur ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

I have a hugyfot HFC300D...need a strobe able to speak with it

2 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

     

    very beginner with uw photography, so sorry for the newbie questions.

     

    I just bought a hugyfot HFC300D to discover at a sweet price the pleasure of uw photography.

    My idea is to play some time with it and upgrade my kit if I want to follow this way.

    I have an old S&S YS-60TTL/N, but the strobe don't want to fire. I believed that Heinrichs-Weikamp adaptor for s&s was needed for TTL applications, but is it required also for making the strobe fire even in manual mode? Or maybe the bulkhead on the housing needs any repair?

     

     

    If not easy or expensive to manage with the old YS-60, wich strobe(s) should I bought? Thinking that I will maybe add a 2nd strobe in a few month. (going to Truk next may and want to be ready for ot ;o)

     

     

    I have the WA dome, which works with 18-55 lense from canon.

     

    I have heard that the sigma 15mm was working in this dome, the sigma 15mm is not in the lenses chart in hugyfot website.

    Good result with this combination? Or really better with the fishee port?

     

     

    Thanks all to give me your advices, experiences, with those combinations.

  2. It may be the pin connection to the camera's hotshoe that is the problem: digital cameras haven't preserved the same connections from film cameras and the pins on the connector may need re-wiring. The pros know more! Check with your Hugyfot dealer.

     

    Tim

     

    :crazy:

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.