Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Another Panny 3D Option

Started by jonny shaw ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Another Panny 3D Option

6 posts
  1. All the initial offerings seem to be 40mm+ (35mm equiv). I am eagerly waiting for the first wide-angle offerings!

  2. Jonny, they are pushing the TVs, that's why. That's why Sony, Samsung, Panny are making that big push. I'm just waiting for a big rush of epileptic fits caused by wearing those LCDs too long playing PS3 or something.

    I must say that watching the soccer in 3D at the IMAX cinema in africa was pretty impressive, actually more fun than being in the stadium because you didn't have a vuvuzela blowing in your eye!

  3. Looks very similar to the lens that my 3D-friend Søren Hertz-Christensen build for Nikonos 5 http://stereoskopklubben.dk/stereokameraer.html years ago by using a couble of lenses from a consumer pentax camera which he killed just to get the lenses. :-)

     

    Best regards from Kim Meineche!

     

    Lumix G2 with 3D interchangeable lens

     

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/27/panason...cro-four-third/

     

    Panasonic seam to be pushing 3D like mad

    Edited by Kimmeineche
  4. Hi Eric!

     

    I think it will be impossible to make anything wider than about 20mm (94 degress on fullframe as I remember!!!) from a single lens... so far I am very pleased by using my 2 x 10,5mm on my stereorig..... just came home from fantastic diving at Malta with a bunch of wreck-images! :-)

     

    All the best from Kim! :-)

     

    All the initial offerings seem to be 40mm+ (35mm equiv). I am eagerly waiting for the first wide-angle offerings!
  5. Yeah -- I'm sure some "proper" dual imaging cameras will be released at some point.

     

    As for your 2 x 10.5mm rig -- I'm sure you are getting some great stuff. I've shot dual fisheye before, as well -- it seems to be the only lens that will work for a non-beam splitter SLR rig. The IA is just too wide for anything with a larger focal length.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.