Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Droped Lens

Started by okuma ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Droped Lens

2 posts
  1. I recently dumped my camera case from a height of just over 3' or 1 meter. 4 Nikon lens came out and hit the hard marble floor.

     

    There are no marks on the lens bodies, but I am concerned. What functional tests would you recommend short of sending them to Nikon for full inspection?

     

    Thanks in advance for comments.

  2. When I get a lens I typically shoot a target with it just to make sure I have a baseline for lens. Every year or 2 I shoot it again. If it is a zoom, I shoot at the two ends of the range and the middle. If you don't have a baseline, just pick a scene appropriate for the lens and shoot it and see how it looks compared to some pics before the drop. Unless they hit really hard on the end, it is most likely not going to show any major problems.

     

    Bill

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.