Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 105mm on Ikelite S2 Housing

Started by kthan ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 105mm on Ikelite S2 Housing

6 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I tried putting the Sigma 105mm behind the flat port and the lens could not fully extend to 1:1 :rolleyes:

     

    Just miss by a wee bit! Think I'll have to go for the Nikon ($$$) or Tamron now!

     

    Regards

    Eric

  2. Wouldn't it be cheaper to add a port extender?

  3. Does Ikelite ports give you that option? Thought they are all fixed?

  4. I don’t believe they make a port extension, but I know they make longer flat ports.

     

    Marc

  5. Hello,

     

    Are you using the correct port? I have the Nikon 105mm with the Ike housing, and the correct port is #5508.05. This port is significantly longer than the flat port (#5505.5) I use with the 60mm.

     

    I don't know the length of the Sigma 105mm.

     

    John

  6. Kudos to Ike for offering to make a port to fit the Sigma. But since i have already gotten the port, I'll just sell the lens as I got it second hand.

     

    jnsgonda, I am pretty sure the Tamron 90mm fits the port i have because that is what the previous owner is using. I took a measurement of the Sigma and the length is 16 cm, and the flat port only fits lens up to 15 cm :D

     

    Tks everyone for their help

     

    Eric

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.