Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

tokina 10-17 in hugyfot wide angle dome

Started by dodelineur ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

tokina 10-17 in hugyfot wide angle dome

4 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I am looking of a wide angle lense for my Eos 300d/hugyfot with small Hugy (13cm) dome.

    Since I know I will buy sooner or later the Hugy fisheye dome, I would like to know if it is possible to fit the Tokina 10-17 in my housing with small dome.

    Will it work? Even if I can't shot below 15 or so without vigneting, wich must let me still a good angle in that case.

    So I would have a full wide lense ready for the day I will upgrade my setup to the fisheye port.

     

    If it will not fit and be usable, it seems my only solution with the small dome are the sigma 15mm fisheye or 10-20 linear WA lense, wich are both around 105°.

     

    Your experience, opinion about that?

     

    Tx for your help

  2. Hi all,

     

     

    for those who may be interested, I recently bought a tokina 10-17, and tried to see if it works with the Hugyfot wide angle domeport (not the big one).

     

    It fits in the case, and it is possible to shot between 12 and 17 without seing the dome on the picture.

     

    It give still a very wide angle....wider than with the sigma 10-20 at 10.

     

    The only little problem I have is about scratches on the port.

    Since the tokina focus really close, I have now to remove those little scratches on the acrylic dome, those scratches did not appear with my other lenses wich focus longer.

     

    This combination may be very compact for travelling.

     

     

    John

  3. I dont know about the small port but it does work very well in the larger fisheye port

  4. Hi all,

     

     

    for those who may be interested, I recently bought a tokina 10-17, and tried to see if it works with the Hugyfot wide angle domeport (not the big one).

     

    It fits in the case, and it is possible to shot between 12 and 17 without seing the dome on the picture.

     

    It give still a very wide angle....wider than with the sigma 10-20 at 10.

     

    The only little problem I have is about scratches on the port.

    Since the tokina focus really close, I have now to remove those little scratches on the acrylic dome, those scratches did not appear with my other lenses wich focus longer.

     

    This combination may be very compact for travelling.

     

     

    John

     

    I tried to use my Tok with an older type small Hugy dome and the widest setting i could use was 11 mm, but for that i had to take the rubber sunshade off. I know that's not possible with the newer models but maybe you can use a saw and just cut it off. Anyway, i did not like the setup because the corners were unsharp even at f/11. The problem is that small domes are much more critical when it comes to the positioning of the lens. You can buy a small dome from Subal, Zen, Aquatica or any other party and use an adapter to mount it to your Hugyfot. BTW, did you have sharp corners at 12 mm in the small standard dome?

     

    Udo

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.