Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Port extensions for Nauticam 7D with Canon 10-22

Started by echeng ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Port extensions for Nauticam 7D with Canon 10-22

9 posts
  1. Hello, all. I've just received a Nauticam 7D and need some help figuring out what ports to use for different lenses. I'm primarily going to be shooting the following lenses:

     

    Tokina 10-17

    Canon 10-22

    Canon 60 EF-S macro

    Canon 100 macro (old)

    Canon 100 macro + Kenko 2X tele

     

    I have the following ports and lenses:

     

    Zen 100mm

    Nauticam 6" Acrylic wide port

    Nauticam C60 port for EF-S 60mm and INON UFL MR130

    Ext Ring 20

    Ext Ring 40

    Ext Ring 50

     

    This is what I'm assuming, so far:

     

    Tokina 10-17: ZEN 100mm + EXT RING 20 [edited]

    60mm macro EF-S: C60 PORT

    100mm macro: C60 PORT + EXT RING 50

    100mm macro w/2x TC: C60 PORT + EXT RING 50 + EXT RING 40 (still need focus gear)

     

    The invoice says that I should stack the Ext Ring 40 with Ext Ring 20 and 6" port for the Canon 10-22, but I don't have the Ext Ring 20. Am I screwed until I get the Ext Ring 20?

     

    I'll have the WB port, eventually, but for this upcoming trip I only have the 2 ports.

     

    I also want to use the following lenses:

     

    Tokina 17mm/3.5

    Sigma 20mm/1.8

     

    Sometimes, I just like using primes more than I like using zooms.

     

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Edited by echeng
  2. I think you're going to need that 20mm extension for more than the 10-22, you'll also need it for the 10-17 with Zen 100mm. I'm using a Subal mount Zen 100mm on my Nauticam 7D wtih a 15mm Subal extension, add 5mm for the Nauticam/Subal port adapter gives a total of 20mm extension.

    Edited by Gudge
  3. Thanks, Gudge. I looked again, and it looks like the 20mm extension ring is attached to the 100mm Zen port. I received it like this some time ago, and didn't realize then that they were actually two different parts!

     

    Problem solved. :crazy:

  4. Eric,

     

    I was told by REEF that the 10-22 was not compatible with the 100mm Zen port, so I opted for the 200mm Zen. Would be interested in what kind of results you get with that combo.

     

    Cheers!

     

    Mike

     

    Thanks, Gudge. I looked again, and it looks like the 20mm extension ring is attached to the 100mm Zen port. I received it like this some time ago, and didn't realize then that they were actually two different parts!

     

    Problem solved. :crazy:

  5. Hi Eric,

     

    I think you might find the combination of Extension 20, Extension 50 and macro port to be sufficient for the 100 macro with 2x teleconvertor. I'll dig mine out and have a look for you.

     

    WIth the 10-22 you can use a combiantion of the extension 20, extension 40 and the 6 inch acrylic port.

     

    I'm not sure if you have seen the latest system port charts and not wishing to redirect you to my own website for anything more than information purposes :crazy:

     

    (http://uwvisions.com/images/products/Canon-port-system-chart.pdf)

     

    I'm sure you'll find Edward very receptive to feedback regarding some of the so far unsupported lenses and 100mm macro/2x teleconvertor focus ring you have mentioned above.

     

    Enjoy your housing,

     

    Alex

  6. Thanks, Alex. Don't worry -- I've been pressuring Edward to support everything I need. :crazy:

     

    Thanks also for the port chart. A google search yielded only an old version!

  7. Eric,

    Not sure if it's in your plans but another option for the 100mm is the Nauticam 105 port. It has the 67mm threads on the end that will accept the Subsee +10, Inon etc. It may not be obvious from the chart.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  8. Eric,

    Not sure if it's in your plans but another option for the 100mm is the Nauticam 105 port. It has the 67mm threads on the end that will accept the Subsee +10, Inon etc. It may not be obvious from the chart.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

     

    The C60 port has the 67mm threads also.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

  9. I love the Canon 100mm with INON M67 UCL-165's and UCL-330's...

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.