Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Pointing arrow ???

Started by DeanB ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Pointing arrow ???

6 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I've got a problem (insert jokes) I want to highlight a subject camouflaged in a sequence by having a white arrow pointing at it, either moving or still. Any FCP users out there have the answers???

     

    Cheers

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. CHV electronics has an arrow plug in that you can animate and it is inexpensive.

    Steve

  3. Hi all,

     

    I've got a problem (insert jokes) I want to highlight a subject camouflaged in a sequence by having a white arrow pointing at it, either moving or still. Any FCP users out there have the answers???

     

    Cheers

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

    There are a few approaches to use. Have not tried the plug in Steve suggested, but worth a whirl. Also making a overlay in Photoshop and placing it in a video track will work. Another option is using Motion, does a nice job with these kind of things. Not sure what you are editing, but guessing some sort of HD/ProRes? If using a Compressed Codec (DV or HDV) graphics can look poor on export, just something to keep in mind. Let me know if you want me to post up a small example project for you to use. BTW the moving arrow is a bit more work and not as easy. Depends on how much things are moving, but you may even be able to keyframe the arrow or use some other methods if need be.

     

    BTW, I did not insert jokes - I am reserving that right for some future use.

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  4. Cheers guys ... Will take a look at the options :crazy: For now I have placed a white semi-transparent circle over the subject to hightlight it and that seems okay...

     

    Drew i await said jokes with bated breath :o

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. One of my local shore dives has a white arrow already installed, Not easy to keep the critter in place however.

    4758906254_f3996125fb.jpg

  6. Although not cheap a great DVD of animated arrows and flourishes is by Andrew Kramer from video co-pilot and it's called Evolution costs about $90 USD but very useful. He does a stack of other great products too.

     

    http://www.videocopilot.net/

     

    Great after effects tutorials too, plus he's pretty entertaining

    Edited by jonny shaw
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.