Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Nikon D90 Raw+jpg

Started by zaven62 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D90 Raw+jpg

6 posts
  1. Hi guys,

    Using my Nikon D90, I usually shoot in RAW with no image processing problems, but when I shoot RAW+JPG, only the JPG files are shown after downloading to my PC. I can't find the RAW files.

    If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

     

    Cheers, Zaven

  2. Hi Zaven,

     

    I use Nikon Transfer to upload my D90 images and shoot in Raw + JPG with no issues.

     

    Which software are you using? Lightroom should work to as long as it is up to date with your camera.

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  3. I use a D90, shoot RAW + Jpeg, use 'my computer' file mgmt and a SD card reader to transfer files from the card to my hard drive. No problems, both JPEG and RAW are present. Depending on your software, you might not be able to see thumbs of the RAW files but you should see that the file is present.

    I do not start using lightroom or PS until after all is on the hard drive.

     

    How are you attempting the transfer? You should be able to "select all' in a folder full of pics on the SD card and drag/drop to your destination and get all files, regardless of format. Or drop/drag the entire folder and rename it once on your computer. These do not work for you?

     

    Are you connecting the SD card via a card reader or using the camera and connections from the camera to your computer?

  4. If I use Nikon Transfer to upload RAW+ jpg shots, there are no problems, but alternatively if I upload RAW+ jpg shots to "My Computer" with the camera connected to the PC only jpg files are shown. Uploading RAW files either way only is no problem.

  5. Never used the camera as the transfer agent, always have used a card reader. Never had an issue. Perhaps that difference is an important point but I cannot speak to it.

  6. I upload via camera using Nikon Transfer and RAW files are shown in the folder when opened in Windows.

     

    I would assume the Raw files are there in your computer Zaven and it's simply a matter of opening the folder containing

    them with software that recognizes RAW files. Check the settings you have on Nikon Transfer and that you have the latest

    version of it (1.5.3 is the latest when I checked today).

     

    http://nikonasia-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...hp?p_faqid=6577

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.