Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

And to top it all

Started by Mooseman1007 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

And to top it all

5 posts
  1. Looks like the one of the best point and shoots is about to get better, but with a slight tweak to the case....will it still fit into the S90 cases or will we have to wait for new ones

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/1008/10081918...owershots95.asp

     

    Seems like the major improvement is the addition of the HD which is of no value to me. As to the drop-in fit, no, I doubt it. The case has been modified to incorporate stereo and I notice on the Canon USA site that they list the new housing as the DC-38 vs the DC-35 for the S90.

     

    I will be purchasing a spare S90 as soon as possible now.

  2. That's great news. The only weakness I felt the S90 had was a lack of HD video. It is a great little camera (although not cheap).

     

    Alex

  3. Ken Rockwell reports that the S95 is a little smaller in size. except thickness. Maybe it will still in fit current Fisheye housing?

     

    he posted this data:

     

    3.93 x 2.30 x 1.16 in. (99.8 x 58.4 x 29.5mm), rated.

     

    The S90 was rated at 3.94 x 2.30 x 1.22 inches (100.0 x 58.4 x 30.9mm).

  4. Ken Rockwell reports that the S95 is a little smaller in size. except thickness. Maybe it will still in fit current Fisheye housing?

     

    he posted this data:

     

    3.93 x 2.30 x 1.16 in. (99.8 x 58.4 x 29.5mm), rated.

     

    The S90 was rated at 3.94 x 2.30 x 1.22 inches (100.0 x 58.4 x 30.9mm).

     

    The S 95 will probably fit in the Fisheye housing , but the back buttons seems to be lower .

    So I'm afraid it will not be possible to use the S 95 in the S90 housing .

    I had the same problem between the Nikon D 80 and the Nikon D 90 :D

    Anyway the S 90 is a wonderfull camera and I never do vidéo ..So ..

    Better like Crawdad buy another S 90 before it become impossible to find one .

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.