I must say that I am so envious of all the guys and girls that have headed out to Baa Atoll in the Maldives for the manta congregation. I have seen a couple of shots and some excellent video of this event which was filmed by WP member Shaff last year. But I have not actually seen any top quality images which I would expect to be coming to a forum topic here very soon. I just hope that the wildlife turns up and that there are not too many boats there for things to become too crowded.
Cant wait to see the glory.
Stew
I think it is pretty crowded and I am not sure when the rules will change. I don't think scuba will be possible forever there.
There were 50+mantas today and 2 whale sharks.
Carlos Villoch posted some pretty cool video from last week:
I am off on Sunday, although I was asked to do this trip, rather than being one I really wanted to do. I am extremely excited by the prospect now!
Alex
I
I am off on Sunday, although I was asked to do this trip, rather than being one I really wanted to do. I am extremely excited by the prospect now!
Alex
Listen Alex, if you dont want to go, just say. My bags are in my spare room all packed ready to go. You are going to have an amazing time. Are you taking your basking shark dome ( AKA trifle bowl. )
Stew
no
you could wear it as a hat ALex!?
My photos will be coming before they get back, ready in time to be upstaged I guess!! I have a good whale shark shot apparently
Thats a cool video, strange to see that many on the 12th, as I was there that day sniorkelling around 3pm? and there was nowhere near that many, just half a dozen mantas and one whaleshark, I reckon thats footage from around the 6th or 7th too....as there was loads then with 2 whalesharks, just before I got there
I will be there in T-Minus 17 days on the Ark Royal!!! W00t!!!!!!!!!
whats that going there for!!?? i work at its base in portsmouth, hope it doesnt break down!! its getting old!!
Carlos Villoch posted some pretty cool video from last week:
I am watching this video and it is almost ridiculous how many mantas there are doing somersaults. Where would an underwater photographer begin with sooooooooooooo many photo ops????????????? Fantastic video footage!