I took my DX-2G + YS-01 strobe out for its first dive today. Conditions were poor, vis was about 15 ft.
Every shot had significant backscatter, except for the closest macro shots. It seems like I'll really need to black out the internal strobe to prevent this. But is the internal strobe important for the camera's TTL calculations? I am not sure how that works. The YS-01 doesn't preflash. (Or does it?)
It is also possible that I have my expectations set wrong. Even with an external strobe set far away from the camera, maybe it's just futile to try taking wide-angle shots in poor visibility.
I have been diving with a camera for a long time, but never with an external strobe until today. Operating the camera is not a problem, but I am not sure how to aim the strobe for best effect. This it not something the manual covers at all.
Thanks for any advice!