Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Wreck-Video from Switzerland

Started by Ingma ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Wreck-Video from Switzerland

14 posts
  1. Her a short movie about two popular wrecks in Switzerland. This two barge's laying on the bottom of a lake named Walensee.

     

    http://www.ingma.ch/wracks/video-ledi-wracks.html

     

    I hope you enjoy this short impression of diving in Switzerland.

     

    Best regards from Switzerland

    Markus

  2. Looks bloody cold and dark!!!!

     

    Great footage though, what are you shooting with? Would be tough low light conditions.

  3. Hi Jonny

     

    I shoot this video in the winter time 2009. The water temperature was maybe 5° C, but the visibility is then very nice!

     

    I use the Sony HDR-FX1 in a Amphibico Phanom FXZ1 housing with the 94° port. Additional I have two TillyTec HID45 lamps with flood reflector. The weather was clear but the sun doesn't shined on this place of the lake. Around the lake have very height mountains and this cast a shadow.

  4. 5C..... Brrrrrrrrrr!

  5. Hey Markus

    Good job mate and pretty steady.

    Were you holding the housing underneath you?

    You need some stronger lights there.

  6. Nice job Markus the low light levels do convey a certain 'dark' feeling - I enjoyed it.

     

    You also manages not to stir up the silt at all which must be difficult.

     

    Paul C

  7. Thanks! I'm happy when you enjoy the video.

     

    The Phenom housing has a handle on the top. I hold it very often with the left hand on this top handle and with the right hand on the handle of the right site. When I hold the housing in this way then I have a horizontal position in the water and the housing is below me. So I have a very good view of the display thru the windows on the top site of the housing.

     

    Additional I have in this position enough distance to the bottom. So I can prohibit that I stir any silt. And I make very slow movement and have good buoyancy.

     

    The lights that I used are two TillyTec HID45 lamps. That have 45 Watt power its comparable with maybe 100 Watt halogen lights.

     

    PS: Sorry, my English is not so good. But I hope they understand what I will say?

  8. :D
  9. I thought you were shooting like that.

    That top window and how you can shoot like that makes the housing stand out from the rest.

    I have shot many things one handed and if I was using a standard housing, many of those shots would of been impossible to get.

    Well done.

  10. 5C..... Brrrrrrrrrr!

     

    5oc is nearly tropical!!! :D I filmed a lot of my Pike sequences in 3.2oc ... Although the most time we spent down in that temp was 45mins :P

     

    I wonder what is the coldest that wetpixelians have ventured out in ???

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  11. Air temp -4C and water temp +2C is the coldest I've dived in. It started snowing as we got into the water and everywhere was white by the time we got out. Oh yeah and my housing fogged so no footage! LOL

     

    Ingma - liked the vid - good use of light and very spooky!

    Edited by SimonSpear
  12. I thought you were shooting like that.

    That top window and how you can shoot like that makes the housing stand out from the rest.

    I have shot many things one handed and if I was using a standard housing, many of those shots would of been impossible to get.

    Well done.

     

    I agree, if I get a new OW-housing I'll be looking again for that 'top window'.

    I use it also all the time. A really good feature which I hope Amphibico will use in further designs.

  13. Nice footage Markus!

    Quite good visibility for a lake!

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  14. I wonder what is the coldest that wetpixelians have ventured out in ???

     

    Air temp -6

    Water temp +2

     

    All to photograph a Junkers 52 near Narvik, Norway. Wouldn't have missed the dive for the world.......

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.