Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Underwater Photo/Video work in Tourism

Started by Cal ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater Photo/Video work in Tourism

9 posts
  1. Hey crew,

     

    I'm thinking of a sea change for a year or two.

     

    I'm tired of free lance work ( :D ) and thinking of getting a tourism underwater photographer gig somewhere.

     

    I know of ScubaZoo and ScubaPix (Cairns, Aus). Are there any other companies that hire photographers for tourism work?

     

    North America would be awesome!

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

  2. Hi Cal, just depends on whether you want to work for a company that owns the rights to the work you produce? Many places do so check out that before you sign up.

     

    Richard

  3. Yeah Im happy for that but im just trying to figure out where these places are :-)

  4. You'll find plenty in the Caribbean, there is not much money in it though.

    Enough to live and play .. easy enough to get and normally seems repetitive unless you just enjoy being in the water taking photos, which lets face it many of us do. I did it for 3 years along with divemastering as well .. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

  5. Thanks Giles!

     

    Great to know. All I really want to do is have some sun, beers, dive and take pics :) . The last 2 years have been mental for me ( post grad uni and business) and I want to have a few years to travel/enjoy myself a bit more.

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

  6. UM.. Its possible to swim in tropical water, take photos of tourist and fish, and get paid? Where do I sign up? ( I'm serious!) please post more info.

  7. It does make for a fun lifestyle mate :)

  8. Damn you Ryan! haha you've got it made up there ;-)

     

    Will give you a buzz soon

  9. Well hurry up, you're missing the 24*C water (in the middle of winter) and 30m vis we've had this week!

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.