Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon G9 Ikelte Housng Macro Opions

Started by MAR299 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G9 Ikelte Housng Macro Opions

4 posts
  1. I own a Canon G9 with an Ikelite housing. I would like to start taking macro photos. I have received conflicting advice between using stacked Inon 165M lenses or plain diopters. Any input on the pros and cons of the various options would be very helpful. Thanks.

  2. You can find a interesting discussion at:

     

    Scuba Board Post

  3. u can buy a set of 4 stacked m67 diopters in different strenghts on ebay or amazon for £10, thats worth a try, and might save you a ton or 2

  4. u can buy a set of 4 stacked m67 diopters in different strenghts on ebay or amazon for £10, thats worth a try, and might save you a ton or 2

     

    Thanks for the responses. I looked into the suggestion (heard it from several sources) and was ultimatly led to believe that stacking close up lens diopters (akin to filters) made for above water photography posed several potential issues (i) since they are single lenses, the chromatic distorions would be significant, (ii) since all of the elements come in direct contact with the water, their efficacy would be reduce by close to 67%, and (ii) since there are no holes in the individual components, I run the risk of pressure squeezes (and, accordingly, damage to the lens and housing).

     

    I would love to hear others' thoughts on this.

     

    Based on the above, I am now considering the Inon 67M (with the option of stacking two of them) or the SubSee (not sure if I should get the +5, +10 or both). Any pros and cons of the two (or other suggestions) woud be helpful.

     

    Thanks.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.