Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Samyang 14mm 2.8 : Any one try it yet?

Started by Drew ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Samyang 14mm 2.8 : Any one try it yet?

6 posts
  1. Anyone try this lens yet? Behind what dome? Extension? Or do I have to be the experiment?

     

    Samyang 14mm f2.8

     

    Hmmm manual aperture control.

    Edited by Drew
  2. Hi Drew.

     

    Same question but for the Samyang 8mm DX http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/8mm-f35.htm

     

    I am thinking about playing with this behind my Aquatica 8 inch dome. Might have to ask Jean from Aquatica if I need extensions or not.

     

    Regards Mark

  3. Anyone try this lens yet? Behind what dome? Extension? Or do I have to be the experiment?

     

    Samyang 14mm f2.8

     

    Hmmm manual aperture control.

     

    Hi,

     

    I have yet to put my SLR in an enclosure and dive with it. But I do own the Samyang 14mm lens and shoot it on land with my 5DII. I can tell you it's a spectacular lens. I also have the 17-40 and the 14mm blows it away in corner sharpness and lacking any CA whatsoever.

     

    I'm sure you could pick a hyperfocal and dive - it's impossible to focus through the viewfinder as everything always looks in focus. I use the 10x live view. Pick an aperture (f8+) and you'll have a pretty deep hyperfocal and treat it as focus free.

     

    And let me know how it goes!

     

    -Josh

  4. Anyone used the 8mm yet? I'm off wrecking next month and this could potentially be an amazing lens for that. If anyone has used it yet then any tips on focus and vignette issues would be appreciated!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  5. Any experices of the Samyang/Rokinon 14mm since this thread started?

     

    It seems that it should be possible to put this behind a dome, or would it be impractical with the manual focus?

     

    It has a minimum focus distance of 28cm which would indicate it could work behind a large dome, right?

     

    Rgds

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.