Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Jonah 300D Housing

Started by james ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Jonah 300D Housing

10 posts
  1. Hi Folks,

     

    Jonah have posted some CG drawings of their upcoming housing for the Canon Digital Rebel:

     

    http://www.jonah.co.kr/ec300d.htm

     

    From their site:

     

    c300d-front-back.jpg

     

    The design shows a lever which actuates a button near the viewfinder. Alas, I don't see a * button on the 300d , but there is an Av +/- button there.

     

    To compare to the camera controls, check out Phil Askey's product shots: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/CanonEOS30...llroundview.jpg

     

    We don't have any information on when this housing will be available through Jonah dealers, but we hope to soon, so check back.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. The design shows a lever which actuates a button near the viewfinder. Alas, I don't see a * button on the 300d , but there is an Av +/- button there.

     

    Hi James

     

    You're right about the Av +/- button which I think Jonah is trying to resolve with a lever. Not sure if the thumb and index finger could reach both the button and the Main Dial on the Rebel - a problem David Haas highlighted in his review of the Ikelite housing.

     

    It would be great if Ikelite could solve this problem too- can't wait till December.......Ahh

     

    The * button (or the AE/FE lock) on the Rebel is next to the AF point selector. Again thumb and index finger problem...maybe!

     

     

    Cheers

     

    David

     

    David

  3. oops here is a picture of the back!

  4. That looks cool. I like the angled bulkheads. No zoom gear?

  5. Uwe uses a zoom lever (on the front of the housing) instead of a knob.

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. Hi Craig

     

    From the picture it looks like the zoom gear is located next to the right hand grip same as in the UK 10D housing. The right hand will have a lot of control with this set up. Not much good for left-handers............ :D I fired off an e-mail to UK Germany with whole lot of questions. Shipping takes 2 to 3 weeks...if the housing is available that is.

     

    Here's another pic with a dome port :lol:

     

     

    David

  7. Ahhhh. I was a little disturbed!

     

    digideep lists UK Germany as offering a 14n housing but it's not shown on their website. I think they (UK) don't keep their site very current. Lack of a distributor really hurts them in the US. Be nice if that changes.

  8. I know they have one on the east coast of Canada as I talked to him once a while ago.

  9. Looks like Ikelite is catching up with their 300D housing- See attached picture (thanks to Ike). They have moved the strobe bulkhead to the bottom left of the back plate - less obstructive for the dive mask. Even fixed the AV and turning dial problem, focus lock and shutter bottom :rolleyes:

     

     

     

    Cheers

     

    David

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.