Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Moray eel hunting at night in the Maldives (3D anaglyph)

Started by echeng ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Moray eel hunting at night in the Maldives (3D anaglyph)

9 posts
  1. Put on your 3D red/cyan glasses!

     

    [vimeohd]14785717[/vimeohd]

     

    3D video (anaglyph red/cyan) of a moral eel hunting at night in the Maldives. Shot underwater with a custom BS Kinetics underwater housing for dual Sony CX550V camcorders.

     

    Here's the left eye view, which is much less interesting in itself.

     

    [vimeohd]14789592[/vimeohd]

     

    There's a fish struggling inside the eel at 1:02. :)

    Edited by echeng
  2. Great footage Eric!! Haven't seen anything llike this before - awesome work!

    It's a shame I dont have 3D glasses, so I have to settle for the "left eye view" version for now.

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  3. Thanks, Karel! I have crappy footage of the eel grabbing a fish and pulling it under a coral head, but it happens so fast that you can barely see it on video. All of the successful strikes were all under rocks or on the other side of coral heads (and I only did 1 night dive). Grrr...

    Edited by echeng
  4. Nice one Eric.

    You get to have all the fun.... :)

     

    What kind of glasses are good to get?

  5. Wagsy - cheapy anaglyph glasses are fine. I bought 50 for around $0.50 each and have been giving them to my friends when I see them. :)

  6. What 3D software do you use to create your anaglyph video?

    Edited by SDBill
  7. Roger, okay I'm going to get a set on my next break, time to get into this 3D stuff me think.

    Work out a work flow on me PC.

    Eric any chance of you loading up ten seconds or so off some raw demo clips on a server so I can download have a play with them both :)

  8. You can pick up some cool and stylish 3D glasses here :)

    http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/cat....1202~search.3D

     

    I've got my oakley lookalikes so i can look cool while i sit in front of the computer and watch 3D clips.

     

    it's free shipping! lots of other nice gadgets in the store too.. i've been spending way too much money there :)

  9. Hoy Eric

     

    Super stuff!!!

     

    How do you reverse so quickly, when filming???- just watching how smooth your footage is when the eel is swimming towards you!!??

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.