Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Oly C-8080 and PT-023 housing repair

Started by tripntx ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Oly C-8080 and PT-023 housing repair

2 posts
  1. Trying to breath some life back into my OLY. Been using a Cannon A720IS since '08 because of the trouble I was having with broken tabs on OLY PT-023 housing.

     

    Haven't used my Oly C-8080 since summer of '07 because I didn't feel the PT-023 housing was secure. Plastic tabs holding port to housing had broken off, and I had used an adhesive that was sort of working to hold the pieces together, but just didn't trust it enough after making 20 dives to continue taking it under water. Well, just had holes drilled and taped, used 6-32 x 1/4 set screws, and some weld-on #16 cement. The weld-on is used to make acrylic aquariums, it actually dissolves and chemically adhears with the polycarbonate housing. Gonna let it set for 24 hrs, and hopefully take the empty housing UW this weekend to see if it will hold up.

     

    Really want an Oly E-PL1, but must be content with what I have for now.

     

    7730d1283996934-oly-c-8080-pt-023-repair-img_2003.jpg

     

     

    7729d1283996907-oly-c-8080-pt-023-repair-img_2007.jpg

  2. Well done.

    I've had a similarly damaged PT-023 on my attic since 07 awaiting the fix. Perhaps you will inspire me to finally do something with it :)

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.