Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Old or Alternative lights for 5d Mk2 Ikelite housing?

Started by sentimentalfox ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Old or Alternative lights for 5d Mk2 Ikelite housing?

1 posts
  1. I am wondering about alternative lights to the Ikelite DS series, for use with an Ikelite housing for my 5d Mk2.

    Previously I was using an older camera in a DIY housing that allowed me to trigger off camera lights with a Canon Speedlite in the hot shoe.

    I recently purchased the Ikelite housing and would like to continue to trigger my off camera lights but am loathe to foot the bill for a nice, new, 'recommended' Ikelite DS Substrobe with full TTL capacity, when I am only going to use it on manual as a trigger. On the other hand, I worry that using an older Substrobe might fry my camera with to high of a sync voltage or some other incompatibility. Does anyone have experience with inexpensive alternatives to the DS Substrobes. Thanks so much for any insights!

     

    Kitfox

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.